Myrtleford Co-operative Butter Factory (1903—1963)

WEB_Page11_Story 001_4_column_001
1920: The Butter Factory and manager’s residence, prior to redevelopments in the late 1920s.

FOR some 40 years, as agricultural, mining and commercial pursuits grew in the Myrtleford district in the latter half of the 19th century, a dairy industry was slowly growing to meet local needs.
Local farmers skimmed off cream in on-farm vats to produce butter; many sold this produce on local markets.
In town, “house cows” supplied the same.


… to read the full story, click here to access the digital edition

  •